why it's ok if I'm lost


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger 
In the presence of my Savior ((hillsong united))

i thought this song was a picture of where I was going. but it just looks like transition to gray. an empty, grayscale season of life is all I see stretching before me. time to suck it up, knuckle down & get through it. wildernesses happen. 25 looks to me like those 20 minute warm summer sprinkles. not lovely like a real rain shower, its not enough wet to do any cooling or watering; yet makes you damp enough to add humidity & make you uncomfortable. _but_ 
God has a purpose. He doesn't send random seasons. uncomfortable in any form--even mundane--is Him giving time to grow, change. it IS a new ocean. it doesn't have to be empty. or gray! I can choose to trust what I don't see. I don't have to fake it, i can admit if it looks gray all around...but. I can always add His color. His beauty & presence will be available. after all, i don't know what these waves truly hold. but i know He won't leave me dispassionate & apathetic for long. He's leading me deeper. always.

Comments

Abi said…
amen. amen. amen. He is doing a new thing, and it will be beautiful [^^^]