“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
and makes flesh his strength,
whose heart turns away from the Lord.

He is like a shrub in the desert...

Blessed is the man who TRUSTS in the LORD,
whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and DOES NOT FEAR when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and IS NOT ANXIOUS in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
jeremiah 17:5-8

i've trusted in myself.
no.more. please, oh God, help me root it out and trust in YOU ALONE!
but God, the "Father of mercies" (2cor 1) who is "rich in love" (eph1) has better plans for me. He is kind, He is far too kind to allow me to continue in the stubbornness of taking care of myself.
and no matter whether it is all the sin of unbelief and my own fault that i am struggling now; or if there is some physiological cause alongside that; well it really doesn't matter.
it doesn't.
God knows. God redeems us from our mistakes.
Hallelujah.
grace!! how sweet the sound.

Comments

Abi said…
Amen and yes He does! He is making you a beautiful fragrance. He adores you and is 200% in control! He commands galaxies which proclaim His glory even though we will never discover them, and He has also written every single billionth strand of your DNA. I can't even count to a billion... so glad He's got us!