Eire_5 Hiking the Burren

Our 5th day, Paddy's (aka john) cold from the day before became a horridness of sick. No driving allowed. He slept the whole day. Beks wasn't feeling well either. Sarah, Steph, Luke and I couldn't bear to spend the day inside (even if it was an irish cottage) so we went on a walking tour. After exploring countryside, chasing sheep and climbing fences for photoshoots in ruins; Lo and behold, we were practically on top of the Burren! Rock + ocean + gorgeous views...
Even the rainy days have a sunrise in Eire.
Poor Patrick. :(
I left my camera behind because the lens cap ran off with a leprechaun. These pics are from our resident Galen Rowell, Luke.
"Our" castle.


Exploring the Burren.

This little cave/hollow place was incredible. You could hear waves crashing into the rock face, the winds blew incessantly into it. It was also littered with shredded cheese and seaweed-like soggy pretzels.

The fantastic four! :)
It rained our whole walk home. Steph sang for us. Soaking, dripping, even with an umbrella my feet were the only dry part of me! (love my wellies) We thought we'd be home around 3 but it was closer to 5. Nothing is better than a fire & grilled cheese/tomato soup after hours of cold wet walking.
All in all, this was one of the most magical days for me.

Comments