patience.

"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door." James 5.7-9

patient, adj.
1. Bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance with calmness.
2.Marked by or exhibiting calm endurance of pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance.
3. Persevering; constant
4.Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or result; not hasty or impulsive.
5.Capable of bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance.
I am not patient.
I want to be patient.
God is patient with me.
Hallelujah!
{I thought I'd have time this morning to expound on the "fireworks" but I've been called into work early. hence this instead.}

Comments

Abi said…
oy, I fail in this area, but like you said, God is patient and hooray for that!