bittersweetness


Elizabeth to some, Betty to Grandpa, Grandma/Memaw to us kids. We were all blessed to know her. She loved her Savior. She served Him well for many years. She was a diligent prayer warrior, often waking up in the middle of the night because God laid somebody on her heart. She was strong. With quite a spunky side. (Grandpa would tease her just to draw her fire. all in good fun) She gave us alot of laughter-many times unwittingly. She cooked comfort food and coconut cake. Even while she was sick she still took care of everybody else. She was a faithful wife for almost 54years. She was a "woman who feared the Lord." {proverbs 31}
Now she is home with her Savior. It's tempting to wish she'd been here for Christmas. To wonder why she didn't see her daughter & mom who were en route that very Thursday. But that is where I rest in the sovereignty of God. Such comfort. He isn't surprised. He knew when her organs would start shutting down. He planned to take her home within 24hours. In fact the very suddenness of it displays His mercy. She didn't suffer for months like most cancer patients. She lost an earthly battle to cancer, but because of the gospel; she won the battle for her soul. I have many things to be grateful for. I'm glad she is home.

but oh how i miss her.
we all miss her.
"As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and
your faithfulness will ever preserve me!"
ps. 40.11 .underlined in her bible.

Comments

Aly Sczebel said…
Dams, I am praying for you and your family. I wish I could have met her she seemed like a pretty amazing person. Its hard not be jealous when you think she's up walking with Christ.

Love you so much

Als
Anonymous said…
beautifully written. still praying for you and your family.
Anonymous said…
you made me cry. . . again.
Anonymous said…
me too. that was beautiful