running hard


To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him?
says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these?
He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name,
by the greatness of his might,
and because he is strong in power not one is missing...
Why do you say, O Jacob ..."My way is hidden from the LORD...
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might
he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary...
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
~Isaiah 40.25-31
I know I've shared this before. But it describes my current season of waiting on God so well. There are temptations to be weary. Temptations for my heart to wonder or wander. But by His grace, my heart is stayed on Him. I want to use this time of rest to draw ever nearer. He's shown me that part of the "why" is preparation. It's a time to lay sure foundations of drawing from Him that will serve me when the tempest comes. Oh how kind He is! I have nothing better to do than delight in my Savior. Then, indeed can I run hard after Him.
"The joy of the Lord is my strength"!

Comments

Lana said…
That passage of scripture is so full of the rich truths of God's character. He is so faithful to secure our hearts in Him, even in our seasons of doubt. Thanks for posting this Damaris and for proclaiming your trust in God! He knows the plans He has for you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Candace said…
This is a great post Damaris! As you know I'm in the same type of season you are in. Waiting on God... It never seems to come to an end! Thank you for how you strive to trust in the God of whom nothing is too hard and for ALWAYS being so humble to confess where you struggle. I love the part in that passage of scripture where it says, "they that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength." Keep up the great posts! Love ya!

Psalm 31:14-15 "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say “you are my God.” My times are in your hand!
Anonymous said…
thanks ya'll for your kind words and encouragment!