xtreme pics

since rebekah did such a great job of reviewing the best sermon,
i'll just share the fun &games i got on film. well, others used my
cam too, so i'm not exactly sure who took what.


^^kinda looks like a mini, square NA set, eh? .

the graffiti wall. {below}where lots of people wrote alot of things.
the beks. both of them! :)

hangin' with new orleans. katie, ericka & evan^^^
^the $3 dollar cards.

alas. tech failure. the rest of my pics are doing throwing the x-in-a-box tantrum.

SO gonna share some serious about xtreme after all. here we go. friday night. (ministry night) during worship, kyle stopped & told all the kids to go find their parents. then, the kids laid hands on them & sang "Your Name" over them. "Your name, is a strong & mighty tower; Your name, is a shelter like no other; Your name, let the nations sing it louder-cause nothing has the power to save, but your name..." Looking around at everyone & being there with Jos & parents; hearing all of us singing to just kyle's guitar...such a God's-Spirit-is-so-tangible moment...then the word for siblings. made me glad that despite our fights & sinfulness, we're pretty tight. good relationships. anyway, jos & i stood there with our arms around each other. it lasted like 5min. then our not-quite-so-touchy-feely-personalities made themselves known. it started feeling a little awkward. so we just grinned at each other instead. it was funny.

Another thing I've carried with me since xtreme: any time I'm tempted to complain or whine; I remember that tiny dot that's our sun. then the tiny dot of our galaxy & how i was completely lost in a headache by the 4th teeny dot. I wonder how God can stand our finite, miniscule-beyond-all-reason humanity. so today as i was feeling ADD, restless, & unable to focus; I remembered the greatness of God. Grant's comment (terribly paraphrased) "in light of this greatness...if we are ever 'bored' something is terribly wrong." It made me want to stretch my mind to the limit. find some way to discover more of this vastness. it led me (somehow) to Grudem's. I'm not brilliant. I proved it by an insane, sudden desire to read it cover to cover. haha. that's beyond my time/mental capacity. so i bit off a slightly smaller bite. still a challenge. hopefully by God's grace, He'll help me wrap my mind around 30% of it.
I've been overcome by a desire for theology/doctrine lately. i want to learn. but not earthly learning, I don't want to go to college yet. It seems so odd! I think it shows God's grace. I KNOW it's all Him. but now i'm confusing everyone; delving into what dams has been pondering lately& things God started years ago. since even i don't understand all of what He did/is doing; I'm gonna shut up. now beks will see why i've been staying away from the deep lately....out.

Praise is rising
Eyes are turning to You- we turn to You
Hope is stirring
Hearts are yearning for You-we long for You

When we see You, we find strength to face the day
In your presence, all our fears are washed awa

You are the God who saves us
Worthy of all our praises
Hosanna, Hosanna
Come have Your way among us
We welcome you here Lord Jesus

Hear the sound of hearts returning to You
We turn to You
In your kingdom, broken hearts are made new
You make us new
...

Comments

Rebekah Schwab said…
yay. i love re-caps, remembering what God did. thanks for the great post. and good pics. :)
joel sczebel said…
Good (long) post.
It does look like a miniature squarish NA stage.
nice.
Anonymous said…
quick correction (sorry):
he girl in the middle is Jenn, Erica's sister :)
joel sczebel said…
he girl?
Anonymous said…
i think she meant "the". HAHAHAHA.

yeah, i kept getting erica and jenns names all wrong. sigh.
joel sczebel said…
I knew it- I just needed to rub it in.
Delian said…
I seriously have tried to read all of this... but it just doesn't seem possible in one sitting. but i'm gonna comment anyway. i did get to look at the pictures and from the way it seems, it seems like you had a good time (w/out me as a matter of fact, lol).
Rebekah Schwab said…
oh, woops. correcting someone and getting something wrong in the process (you know that feeling, don't you dams?) haha.
Anonymous said…
wow. looked like a blast. great way to meet new people. wish i could have been there, but money would not allow. but i will see dams in like 2ish weeks! then i'll see ya'll in october!!!! YAY! and then i see (dams and some in november... ladies conference?)
Brittany said…
There's a ladies conference in November? Hmm, I haven't heard of that.