2.26.2014

always near


"...for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (deut 31.6b)

i feel like an orphan so often. i don't even realize it, how i live as if i'm on my own. but i'm adopted. yours. and when you took me into your family, my adoption papers came with pages of promises. i am firmly grafted into all the benefits of the children of God. the promise made to Joshua if he would follow you? same for me.

"I have been young, and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken." (ps 37.25)
"For the Lord will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage..." (ps 94.14)
"the Lord is gracious and merciful...He remembers His covenant forever." (ps 111.4b-5a)

i am not abandoned. i am not forsaken, not left alone, not forgotten. Christ was forsaken on my behalf. the day He bore all my sins and wrath; was the same day He made separation from God impossible. i cannot see, i cannot feel. the tangible closeness fades away and i assume i am left. alone.
no child.
always near. He_ is_ always_ | near |. even now. lingering, waiting. loving me fiercely. protecting me from dangers i never even know to fear. preventing me from self-destruction.

"And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (mat 28.20)
"I give them eternal life...and no one will snatch them out of my hand." (john 10.28)
"for He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' . So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?' " (heb 13.5-60

promises, love. rock_solid_promises. whisper them into the darkness. it is not empty. don't forget My words, child; I keep my promises. I have never and will never leave you.

"Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God himself will dwell with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more..." revelation 21:3-4a

No comments: